Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Playoff Season!

So today, after taking our biweekly quiz, sitting through a lecture and working through a histology (cell bio) lab, I did something I haven't done since starting medical school. I came home and climbed back into bed (yes, during the day) and after catching up on new Big Bang Theory (which is the 3rd best show ever, after firefly and BSG, Arrested Development and Scrubs come in a close 4th and 5th) I am still laying here under my covers watching the Cards/Nats game. For those who don't understand, this is my version of a nap (I pretty much don't sleep during the day unless I'm sick). And I haven't done this for the last two months.

BY THE WAY, as of today, I'm half way through my first block!!! This calls for a celebration (which will be put off for two weeks until my FOUR DAY WEEKEND).

On the schedule for this week:
-Finish dissecting our cadaver's hemisected pelvis (Tuesday)
-Do my first ever breast exam on a (practice) patient (Wednesday)
-Second anatomy practical exam- thats the one where they put the little tags on the cadavers (Friday)
-WATCH AS MUCH PLAYOFF BASEBALL AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE (ALL DAY EVERYDAY)
-Plan to either wallow in misery on Tues/Wed (If the Giants lose) or celebrate an epic comeback on Thurs (if the Giants win)

In case anyone was wondering, here's how I WANT the playoffs to go (not necessarily how I expect them to go...)
NLDS: Giants beat the Reds and Cards beat the Nats
NLCS: Giants beat the Cards
ALDS: A's beat the tigers and Orioles beat the Yankees
ALCS: A's beat the Orioles
WS: GIANTS BEAT THE A'S IN A BAY BRIDGE WORLD SERIES

4 comments: